FAQ - Is Model Driver right for me?
- How do I know whether Model Driver is right for me?
- What types of driver is Model Driver aimed at?
- Do I have to agree to Continuous Payment Authority (CPA) to have a Model Driver policy?
- Can I build up my No Claim Discount with a Model Driver policy?
- Can I drive abroad?
Here’s a quick checklist…
- I want my safe driving to be rewarded with money back on my premium.
- I am happy to have a Model Driver Black Box installed in my car which will monitor and analyse when, where and how my car is driven.
- I rarely drive late at night between 11pm and 5am.
- I don’t change my car on a regular basis.
- I am keen to improve my driving style and habits to become the safest, ‘model driver’ I can.
- I have access to the internet and am willing to regularly monitor my driving behaviour.
Sound like you? If it does, why not get a quote. By Having a Model Driver Black Box installed in your car, you've already taken the first step towards being in control of what you pay for your car insurance! You can even further reduce your premium by proving how well your car is driven throughout the life of your policy. You can’t get fairer than that!
If you’re young, inexperienced, need to build up a No Claim Discount or are deemed a ‘high risk’ behind the wheel and are facing a hefty car insurance premium then Model Driver could be for you. You pay a premium that reflects the driver!.
Yes, Continuous Payment Authority is crucial because we will review your ‘Model Driving Score’ every 6 months and recalculate your premium accordingly. If your score is higher than the start of the review period, you could qualify for a premium refund. But if your score is lower than the start of the review period, you may need to pay an additional premium. This is the main reason why agreeing to CPA is compulsory for all Model Driver customers as it allows refunds or payments to take place automatically onto, or from, your debit or credit card. Of course, we won’t take any money or give it back without informing you first.
Yes, you can.